Choosing the right color can be tricky, as no one wants the wrong color to rub them the wrong way, over the next few years. So, how does one decide on the colors?
- Coordinate with the surrounding area. For the exterior, it can be anything as long as it looks good, whereas for the interior, try to select colors that will coordinate and enhance the feeling of space within the house or the building.
- Research thoroughly before starting. Pinterest is a great source of inspiration for many for the home décor ideas.
- Choosing a neutral tone works the best; that is not to discourage customers from having a colorful interior, but as mentioned before, it should be coordinated with the surroundings.
- Using tester on the walls can help estimate how the colors will look during the day and the night with the lighting available inside and outside of the house.
- Testing them against the fabrics and upholstery, ensuring that there are undertones that look good together.
- Choosing the right finish also makes a big difference in the outcome.
- Understanding the undertones is necessary for the best outcome from the paint job.
- A color theme can be a fun and exciting way to do the interior, although, it is not for everyone.
If you are looking for local painters in Santa Rosa, we suggest you give us a call for a free quotation for the house or your business. Mike Chavez Painting is established in Sonoma County and Santa Rosa as a painting contractor company with a commitment to honesty, communication, and quality of work. We specialize in Santa Rosa for custom interior and exterior residential and commercial painting, as well as industrial floor coating systems and cabinetry painting. Contact us today at 707-623-5850 to speak to an expert painting contractor!